Approved Items List
PLEASE BRING: Picture identification card, Insurance card (if applicable), Information for the Insurance Subscriber: Name, contact Information, Social Security Number, and Date of Birth (if applicable), Pharmacy benefit card/RX Card (if applicable)
- Comfortable, non-revealing clothing
- Sturdy bottom shoes, appropriate for mountain terrain. Thong flip flops are not permitted.
- Shower slides may be worn for traveling to the pool.
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and /or sunhats
- Appropriate swimwear:
- Women: one Piece Swimsuit (must cover mid- section)/Men : No Speedos)
- All medications, nutritional supplements, vitamins, etc. must be approved by Black Bear Physician and are maintained by staff. Medications should be in the original bottle with a pharmacy label, if applicable, and not expired. Nutritional supplements, vitamins, etc. (including multivitamins) will be reviewed by a medical provider and approved on a case-by-case instance. All items should be in the original, unopened container and not expired.
- Approved medications must be in appropriately labeled bottles (your name, medication name, dosage, frequency). Please fill prescriptions for non-addictive medications prior to admission.
- Cash, checks, credit and debit cards are locked in the Black Bear safe, and will not be made accessible during the course of treatment unless approved by the facility.
- Patients are provided access to facility phones during designated times. Cell phones are maintained with locked patient valuables and available for accessing phone numbers only upon admission.
- Please bring enough cigarettes with you. We do not provide cigarettes nor do we purchase them for patients. There is not an opportunity to purchase tobacco products while in treatment.
- Cigarettes and smokeless tobacco are acceptable. Smokeless tobacco will be used in the same manner as regular cigarettes. You may have cigarettes mailed to you. Vapes and E-Cigarettes are allowed. View our policy
- “Short” shorts or skirts, tops that expose the midriff in any position, tops with straps, revealing clothing, clothing with alcohol, derogatory, sexual or drug logos, clothing that promotes gang themes.
- Thong flip-flop style shoes are not permitted and will be returned to luggage.
- All narcotics, sedatives, muscle relaxants, etc.
- Weapons/pocket knives
- Aerosol cans
- Perfumes or toiletries containing alcohol (i.e.: nail polish remover, mouthwash, hand sanitizers, etc.)
- Body building/dietary supplements (i.e. Creatine, protein powders, etc.)
- IPODS, MP3 players, Laptops, Pagers, computers, DVD’s, PDA’s, Walkman’s, Video games, Camera’s, Televisions, Digital Readers (Kindle), Smart Watches ( Apple Watch, Garmin, etc.), Fit Bits
- Oils, loose leaf tobacco, and rolling papers are prohibited